Monday, January 20, 2014

Project Window

I finally finished my window project and I am so excited to share the final product with you!

Ta-da!!!!!!!!!!!

So this is how I did it:

1. Call a local window shop and see if they have any extra wood windows lying around. Mr. Roger's Windows here in Chesapeake was WONDERFUL! They were super nice and set some aside for me to come pick up. 

2. Paint the windows white, but don't do a super great job because we are going for the distressed look. 


3. Measure your window and then head over to Home Depot and get a small piece of wood cut to make a ledge. 



4. Paint the piece of wood white- again, don't do too great of a job because we are going for the distressed look. You can also take sand paper to it to add the distressed look. 

5. Add hooks for your keys to the bottom of the wood. I got these small hooks at Home Depot when I got the wood. I used a nail to make a small hole in the wood and then used pliers to twist the hook into the wood. I put two hooks in it (one on each side) because William and I have two different sets of keys. 



6. Before you attached the ledge to the window, turn the window over and attach frame hooks to the back so that you can hang the finished product up on the wall. 

7. Paint one window pane with chalkboard paint. By the way, this is the first time I have ever used chalkboard paint and I am totally in love!

8. Add pictures to the other window panes. 

9. Now you can attach the wood ledge to your window. Use two "L" brackets to attach it. 





10. Now you can hang your finished product on the wall. I put ours right by the door so we could hang the keys on the hooks. 


I added some mason jars with pretend flower in them on the shelf. It adds a cute touch. 

I have a few more windows sitting in the shed, I am thinking about making a few more and selling them. I have never done anything like that before...thoughts?

Have fun making this fun Pinterest project!

No comments:

Post a Comment